On Thursday, Carlos Beltran played his final home game before the trade deadline, prompting many a reaction among the Mets faithful. For many, it is a foregone conclusion that his days as a Met are winding down.
Meanwhile, David Wright returns from the disabled list tonight, effectively re-forming the Fab 3 from the “New Mets Era” for one more time. No word on a rooftop concert, though.
- Amazin’ Avenue leads off with a headline that, loosely translated, means “Carlos Beltran is Awesome Despite the Mole.”
- RustyJr at Real Dirty Mets shares his bittersweet experience at Wednesday’s game.
- Faith and Fear in Flushing looks at the roller coaster ride that was Beltran’s Mets tenure.
- Metsradamus compares Wednesday’s game to a plate of gravy fries.
- Daily Stache thinks Beltran may be the best outfielder in Mets history.
- Midwestropolitan is bored with the Mets right now. Maybe some sort of trade could liven things up…
Remember to stay cool, find some A/C, and keep reading Mets Today.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.