Blog Roundup: Spoiler Edition
On Thursday, the Mets did to the Cardinals what losing teams did to the Mets in 2007 and 2008: played spoiler. And in dramatic fashion, putting up a 6-spot in the top of the ninth. Bobby Parnell pitched a 1-2-3 bottom half to earn the save. It’s nice to see that this team doesn’t roll over, even in the last week of the season.
The Blogs don’t roll over either:
- Tedquarters says Thursday’s game is yet another reason why baseball is awesome.
- Mets Police shares his experience watching a game at Citi Field with Mets Executive VP of Business Operations, Dave Howard.
- Real Dirty Mets says signing Reyes may not be as desirable as it appears.
- Metszilla writes about pending decisions to be made about the coaching staff – they’ve been evaluated this year in addition to the players.
- Mets Fever wonders about one of those coaches in particular.
- Amazin’ Avenue examines David Wright’s struggles hitting fastballs.
But Mets Today has a compact, powerful swing, and has no trouble handling fastballs.