Blog Roundup: Johansanity
The big story this Spring has been the comeback of Johan Santana. Johan missed over a year following shoulder surgery to repair a torn anterior capsule. His recovery will be a difficult one, if history is any indication. But so far, he’s looked sharp, and seems closer to his old self (well, his Mets old self anyway – which isn’t bad) than anyone predicted. Meanwhile, nagging injuries begin to mount, further raising the paranoia alert level to code orange among Mets fans.
Here’s the Blogs’ take:
- Tedquarters feels positive about Santana.
- Mack’s Mets shares his thoughts on Santana’s latest start.
- Adam Rubin reports that David Wright and Tim Byrdak will return to New York for further examination. Deja vu?
- Call to the Pen has reason to believe the Mets will re-sign Chris Young.
- Uni Watch takes a look at Mets uniform choices this Spring.
- Real Dirty Mets has a link to some 50 year-old Mets history.
In other news, Mets Today underwent an MRI, but the results were negative. So stay tuned…