Blog Roundup: Happy Opening Day!
After an offseason of litigation, anxiety, hand-wringing, gloomy forecasts, exoduses, rumors, accusations, malaise, and fear of the unknown, opening day is finally here – the annual reminder of why we love this game. The long, cold winter melts away to reveal the sight of green grass and the greatest game on Earth. And after all we’ve witnessed, there’s still a spark of hope.
Here to throw out the first pitch – The Blogs:
- MMO lists the official Mets Opening Day roster, surprisingly devoid of major injuries.
- Real Dirty debuts its new look with, among other things, a revue of recent cartoons by the great Joe Petruccio.
- Metsblog has a view of the application of some final touches to Citi Field.
- Adam Rubin reports that Jonathon Niese‘s extension is in the books, pending a physical.
- Mets Police celebrates the arrival of Two Boots pizza (a chain owned by huge Mets fans) to Citi Field.
- Mets Fever says Josh Stinson was claimed on waivers by the Milwaukee Brewers.
Enjoy the season, and check out Mets Today for all the latest news and analysis.