To most people, Friday the Thirteenth is bad luck. A lot of people walk on eggshells on a Friday the Thirteenth. But not the Mets. The Mets laugh at Friday the Thirteenth. Bad luck? Welcome to our world! For a team who has had their share of Friday the Thirteenths on numerous days and dates over the past few years, today might be an advantage. After all, who has learned to deal with bad luck better than the Mets and their fans?
The Blogs will bring us luck:
- Daily Stache weighs in on whether or not Chipper Jones deserves a hat-tip from the Mets.
- Mets Police points out that Citi Field has an All You Can Eat section. Homer Simpson is already lining up for tickets.
- Mack’s Mets takes a look at who’s hot and who’s not (This is not a Jerry Springer bit).
- Hardball Talk says the Mets want David Wright to take his coat off and stay a while.
- MMO feels the Mets may be stuck with Jason Bay.
- The ‘Ropolitans says if you like this year’s home-grown lineup, you should give credit to someone you may not like.
The Mets are in Philly tonight, hoping to put a curse on the Phillies. Check out Mets Today for coverage and reaction.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.