The Mets wrap up their thus-far disappointing series in Houston today. It’s not a shock that they seem to be having a “let down” series after three exhausting games in Colorado. On top of that, the flu bug is propagating its way through the Mets locker room like the trollop it is. But the team looks to rise from the ashes today before they head off to Phoenix.
The Blogs take their Zicam:
- Adam Rubin says Terry Collins is confident in his decision to pinch hit for Jonathon Niese in the fourth inning last night.
- Daily Stache thinks it would be wrong not to sign David Wright.
- Seedlings to Stars has the Mets picking a high school pitcher in their mock draft.
- Bleacher Report brings us the tale of the tape between Kirk Nieuwenhuis and the Nats’ Bryce Harper.
- Rising Apple examines Ramon Ramirez, and wonders what we should really expect from him.
- Metstradamus reminds the Mets that they’re playing the Astros, and hopes they avoid Cooter’s bar this time around.
Take plenty of vitamin C, and perhaps some antacids – it is the Mets after all. And this is Mets Today.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.