Understanding Pitching Injuries and Proper Mechanics
If you are a baseball coach or player, or the parent of a pitcher, watch below to learn about the safeties and dangers of pitching preparation, mechanics, and injuries.
– What pitchers — of all ages — should be doing in between starts.
– Why the idea that Johan Santana’s recent struggles are due to “too much rest” is a fallacy.
– What kind of rest Santana REALLY needed, and why.
– Why pitchers don’t pitch well in starts immediately following perfect games/no-hitters.
– Why pitch counts don’t always matter — and when they do.
– Myth debunked: that tall pitchers have a more difficult time with repeating mechanics.
– Another myth debunked: the value of long toss.
– Which Mets pitcher has nearly perfect mechanics that should be copied by youngsters (you may be surprised!)
– Which Mets pitcher might be next for arm surgery (fantasy baseball owners, take note!).
– Why I was the only Mets fan not rooting for Johan’s no-hitter.
– Why R.A. Dickey‘s knuckler is awesome.
Those are just a few of the topics discussed; even if you watch only a few minutes of this show you’re likely to learn something. Enjoy!