After teeing off on the Orioles this week, the Mets head to the links to tee off on their off day. Ah, team bonding. Anyways, the Mets have decided to alternate series sweeps – loss, win, loss, win. This weekend would be a fine time to buck that trend, as they take on the Yankees at Citi Field.
Fore, please. The Blogs are now teeing off:
- Mets Police has pictures of our very own Ryder Cup team. Tim Byrdak and Dillon Gee channel their inner Francis Ouimet.
- NY Sports World looks at how valuable Kirk Nieuwenhuis has been to the Mets this year.
- Amazin’ Avenue has their weekly player performance-o-meter. R.A. Dickey is so hot, he gets his own animated GIF.
- Midwest Sports Fans writes an ode to R.A. Dickey. At this point, we really can’t get enough of these, can we?
- Kerel Cooper interviewed Jerry Koosman.
- Surfing the Mets says Jordany Valdespin has caught the attention of Terry Collins. Is this a budding Bromance?
So, sweep your way through the links, or hit the links. Either way, keep coming back to Mets Today.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.