To paraphrase the cartoon version of Tim McCarver from an episode of “Family Guy,” as good as the Mets were in the first half of this season, that’s how as bad as they’ve been now.
OK, here are the Blogs:
- Metszilla relays the news that Johan Santana will return without limits on Saturday.
- Amazin’ Avenue notes that on this date in Mets history, New York played the Cubs in the first night game in Wrigley Field history.
- Metsblog has a quote from Jose Reyes talking about Ruben Tejada.
- The Bitter Bill asks a few questions that must be answered for the benefit of the future of the Mets.
- Mets Police points out some of the good things the Mets do for their community.
- NY Sports World gives us several reasons (besides masochism) to continue to watch the 2012 Mets.
That’s all for today. Enjoy today’s edition of “Lunch with the Mets,” and keep checking out Mets Today.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.