Blog Roundup: Wilpons Still in Debt
After dropping 2 of 3 from the defending champion Cardinals, The Mets find themselves 7 games under .500, and 9 games out of the wildcard.
The good news is, R.A. Dickey pitched 6.2 innings to earn his 18th victory on Wednesday. With 5 starts left, he has a great chance of reaching 20 wins, and he also has a great chance of winning the NL Cy Young award. The bad news is, the Mets are going nowhere fast.
According to the first link below, the Mets lost $70 million in 2011, and they are on track to lose $23 million in 2012. That means they will likely not spend money this offseason, and may even look to cut salary. So, the team will have to make do with what they have, and once again, find bargains on the free agent and trade markets if they want to improve.
It will be interesting to see how the front office approaches the offseason and 2013.
To the Blogs:
- Capital New York says the Wilpons are still shrinking.
- Real Dirty is happy that at least one team in the organization is making the playoffs. No sleep ’til…
- Amazin’ Avenue examines the history of the Chipper Jones/Mets rivalry.
- The Post says Dickey has a children’s book deal in place.
- LoHud takes an optimistic look at Ike Davis
- Daily Stache has a vested interest in Keith Hernandez‘s mustache. Save the ‘stache!
Enjoy the links, and keep checking out Mets Today.