Blog Roundup: Mets > NFL Replacement Refs
Don’t look now, but the Mets have won 4 in a row. How’d they do it? By beating up on teams that are even less competent than they are. They swept the hapless Marlins in a series that Mets’ radio announcer Josh Lewin described as “schadenfreude theater.” It was nice to see another team implode for a change. Then they won the first game of the series against the Pirates, a team that has echoed the Mets’ pattern of getting off to a hot start, only to collapse in the second half. Ike Davis hit 2 home runs in the game to raise his tally to 30 for the season. Who woulda thunk it (to coin a phrase)?
To the Blogs:
- Metsblog likes the improvement Jenrry Mejia showed last night, but makes some suggestions on how he can improve further.
- Bleacher Report thinks the Mets may be putting too much pressure on Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler.
- Rising Apple thinks the Mets should keep David Wright.
- Real Dirty thinks the Mets should trade David Wright.
- The Post quotes a team source as saying there is “zero” chance the Mets release Jason Bay this offseason.
- Daily Stache has identified a bright spot this season for the Mets!
For more bright spots, keep reading Mets Today.