Smack dab in the middle of Spring Training, Mets fans teem with both faith and fear. There’s reason for hope, like in any Spring Training camp in the league, but there’s also cause for concern. David Wright revealed his malady: A small muscle tear in his abdomen where most of us have no muscles. He went on to say he’ll be ready for opening day. That’s kind of like eating more and assuring everyone you’re going to lose weight. But it is only Spring, and in the baseball world, reality begins the first week of April.
Onto the Blogs, starting with our title track:
- Faith and Fear in Flushing sings a familiar refrain: THIS TEAM.
- NJ.com reports that the burden of proof is on the Wilpons to show they weren’t willfully blind to Bernie Madoff’s scheme. PLEASE FIND THEM GUILTY AND MAKE THEM SELL THE TEAM. Ahem. I apologize for that outburst.
- Shannon of MetsPolice is ready for St. Patrick’s Day. #HesWith28
- MMO says Josh Thole and Mike Nickeas are working hard to meet their manager’s demands.
- Adam Rubin reports that bullpen catcher Eric Langill has been punished by the Mets for his DUI, and making the team look like asses.
- Amazin’ Avenue explains how the Mets let a golden opportunity for their second tie of Spring Training slip away.
Don’t let your chance to keep up with the Mets slip away…stay tuned to Mets Today.