Due to long holiday weekends, productive work days, and life in general occupying my time, I haven’t had a chance to post a blog roundup (or as it is also affectionately known: “link dump”) in a while. So, I have some catching up to do. Here are some recent and not-so-recent-but-cool links for you this morning.
To the Blogs!
- Faith and Fear’s Greg Prince wrote a terrific article in the NY Times about the return of Banner Day.
- Daily Stache wondered last week if Jeremy Hefner is the real deal. He pitched well last night, but the jury’s still out.
- Kerel Cooper speculates whether Ike Davis will finish the season with a batting average over or under .230.
- Mets Police has a recap of Banner Day: The Return, including a cool first-person video of the Banner Day parade.
- Amazin’ Avenue writes about the difficult journey of the “Greatest Bison,” Frank Grant, who endured the racism of the times during his trek through pro ball in the late 1800s. (NSFW language)
- Real Dirty breaks down the few who may represent the boys from Flushing in this year’s All-Star Game.
- Metsblog has a video of Sandy Alderson talking about the state of the team.
- Metszilla examines the state of Mets hitting
The state of Mets Today remains strong. Stay tuned for more updates, analyses, post game recaps…and oh yeah, lots of links.