For those of you who have lived under or a rock, or have a life and a job or something, here’s your week in review in blog form. Yes, the baseball winter meetings took place this week in Dallas, TX, and the results were bigger than J.R.’s hat (or something…fill in your own Texas cliche). The Mets lost Jose Reyes, gained a bunch of relief pitchers, and probably sampled some fine barbecue at Hard 8 or Pappas Brothers or somewhere.
- Metstradamus says one thing we’ve learned is that home town discounts are going the way of the gutta-percha.
- Ted Berg and Matt Cerrone talk about Jose Reyes.
- Rising Apple wonders if trading Jon Niese makes sense.
- Metsblog promotes the Mets’ annual coat drive coming up on December 14th.
- The 7 Line has a new message for Mets management in convenient t-shirt form.
- Midwestropolitan sums up the Reyes signing in a nutshell. (The Reyes signing says, “No, this is me in a nutshell. Help! I’m in a nutshell! How did I get in this nutshell? And where did this bloody great big nutshell come from anyway?”
In a nutshell, keep checking out Mets Today.