The Mets have run into another losing streak, having dropped 4 in a row. They now sit at 39-36, 4.5 games back of the Nationals. They lost a couple of tough 1-run games to the Yankees at Citi, but then dropped 2 games (and a few routine pop ups and grounders) to the lowly Cubs. They’ve recovered from streaks like this before this year, but every Mets fan is secretly dreading “The Big One.” The losing streak from which they can’t come back.
To the Blogs:
- Howard Megdal believes Scott Hairston should get the majority of his playing time against lefties.
- Mack’s Mets keeps tabs on the latest Mets minor league news and notes.
- Rising Apple thinks Jenrry Mejia could be traid bait for some much-needed bullpen help.
- Daily Stache examines middle infield solutions.
- Metstradamus is as frustrated with the Mets’ sloppy play in Wrigleyville as Terry Collins.
- Real Dirty Mets wonders if the Mets will need a full-time DH next year.
Keep watching Mets Today, where the wind is always blowing out.