This year, I’d like to give thanks for baseball, the New York Mets, and their loyal/crazy/passionate bloggers. Thanks to them, I enjoyed 2011′s 77-win season like no other 77-win season before. When Jesse Orosco hung on to finish off the Houston Astros in Game 6 of the 1986 NLCS, Keith Hernandez said to him, “Way to make it interesting.” To Joe Janish and the good folks at Mets Today, and Mets bloggers everywhere, I say, “Way to make it interesting.”
Thankfully, here are the Blogs:
- John Delcos wonders if Joe Nathan would have been worth the price for the Mets.
- Mets Fever says the Mets are still interested in Huston Street.
- Media Goon nearly reached Red Hulk status while trying to purchase his 20-game ticket plan.
- LoHud Mets figures out if Jack Wilson is a free-agent fit.
- Tedquarters (with a nod to Optimistic Mets Fan) reviews a Tostada from Wayne, NJ, the home of my alma mater.
- Amazin’ Avenue takes an in-depth look at Bobby Valentine, and endorses him for the next manager of the Red Sox. Based on this piece, I’d hire him.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Mets Today readers. We’re most thankful for you.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.