Blog Roundup: Friday Edition
It was a difficult day in Metsville, as the Daily News reported that Gary Carter’s condition has deteriorated. The beloved former Mets catcher has been battling cancer since being diagnosed with brain tumors in May, 2011.
To the Blogs:
- Bats blogger Tyler Kepner of the NY Times recalls Carter’s faith as a player.
- Metsblog took a Twitter survey to find out if fans want Gary’s number retired.
- 7 Train to Shea says R.A. Dickey and Daniel Murphy will receive Munson awards.
- Amazin’ Avenue has Dickey’s appearance on CNN, where he talks about his climb of Kilimanjaro.
- Metsmerized has pictures of David Wright apparently showing Jeff Wilpon where he couldn’t hit home runs in Citi Field.
- The Mostly Mets podcast breaks a story about Cole Hamels and his…er…friend.
- Andrew Marchand lays out the welcome Matt for two new Spring Training invitees.
Stay tuned to Mets Today…the season is right around the corner.