Blog Roundup: Almost There
Earlier today, word leaked that Bobby Parnell could be used as a spot starter. Then word leaked he might be the first out of the bullpen in a John Q. Bullpen situation (multiple relievers pitch multiple innings in place of an injured starter). Then finally, it was leaked, er, reported, that he wouldn’t be used as a starter at all. So there’s that.
In other news, Opening Day (for the Mets, anyway – there will already have been about 12 Opening Days before then) is Thursday. Why does it already feel like mid-season?
Anyway, on to the Blogs:
- MMO says the Parnell-as-a-starter thing seems to be nothing but a wild Martino chase.
- Faith and Fear notices a Mets marketing sign that celebrates the the two most evil men in Mets front office history.
- Amazin’ Avenue takes a closer look at Citi Field’s new menu. Mmmmm, Mr Met Head Cake.
- FanGraphs reports that Jason Bay may be on a short leash. Hey Jason, did you like that movie, “Platoon?”
- Mets Fever relays a report that Johan Santana had a shot for pain after his last start. Then again, the report was by Andy Martino, so in actuality, he probably just had a shot of tequila. Or maybe Andy misinterpreted the expression, “shot in the arm.”
- Paul’s Random Stuff gives us an up-to-date look at Mets baseball cards. WARNING: Dave Telgheder sighting.
The teams are in the pace lap, the green flag is in hand. Mets Today says, “Gentleman, start your lineups!”