Following a rough offseason and uninspiring Pre-Season, the Mets are off to a surprising 4-0 start. Too early to clear your October schedule? Yes. Too early to feel good about your favorite ballclub? No. With all the darkness that has shrouded this team for the past few year, it’s unusual to allow oneself to enjoy the team’s success. Most fans are living in the moment, and savoring winning baseball, for however long it lasts.
- Bleacher Report wonders if the Mets can keep up their winning ways, and learns something about the team’s character.
- Mets 360 examines Mike Pelfrey‘s gutsy start on Monday night.
- Rant Sports mentions the Mets will try to go 5-0 for the first time since 1985.
- Faith and Fear is reminded how much fun baseball can be.
- Metstradamus thinks this is all some beautiful, waking dream.
- Hot Foot remembers what it is like to believe (Right, Tug?)
Enjoy the ride while it lasts, and keep checking out Mets Today.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.