Blog Roundup: K-Rod Edition
The first domino has fallen, as the Mets traded Francisco Rodriguez and cash to the Milwaukee Brewers for 2 players-to-be-named-later. Most importantly, as part of the deal, the Brewers now assume K-Rod’s $17.5MM vesting option for next year.
As a result, the Mets blogosphere is abuzz with reaction:
- The Daily Stache thinks this is great news for Mets fans, no matter who the two players to be named later turn out to be.
- Faith and Fear in Flushing would like to thank Frankie for the memories – if they could think of any.
- Amazin’ Avenue explains what exactly a player-to-be-named-later is. Who are these people walking around without names, anyway?
- Midwestropolitan points out that this trade is not a white flag.
- TedQuarters thinks Terry Collins usage of K-Rod essentially put the Mets in a bases-loaded situation in the ninth of a tight game. How appropos.
- Metstradamus looks into the future to give us a glimpse of K-Rod in a Brewers uniform, and even sneaks in a Laverne and Shirley reference.
And stay up-to-date on this story and all other Mets news here on Mets Today.