Blog Roundup: Back to Baseball Edition
The All-Star Break is over, K-Rod is a Brewer, and the Mets get back to work tonight against the Phillies. The next two weeks will be crucial for the Mets as they decide whether to buy, sell, or stand pat before the July 31st non-waiver trade deadline.
Now let’s take a spin around the blogosphere:
- ESPN’s Adam Rubin reports that K-Rod’s 10-team no trade list was never filed to the Mets’ front office.
- Midwestropolitan took a well-earned day off on Thursday – just like the Mets.
- Patrick Flood has doubts about Bobby Parnell’s ability to close. Remember Bobby, coffee is for closers only!
- Amazin’ Avenue celebrates the one-year anniversary of the “Blame Beltran” movement.
- Metsmerized tries to temper some bad news about Ike Davis with good news about this weekend’s pitching matchups.
- Faith and Fear in Flushing remembers a classic Subway Series game from 1999.
- Real Dirty Mets urges Mets fans not to become Phillies fans this weekend.
- MLB Trade Rumors has updates on the trade market in the NL East, including Carlos Beltran news.
- Mets360 gets extra points for comparing the Mets’ second half to a line from the most underrated Billy Joel song of all time.
And for all the latest Mets news, “stay tuned” to Mets Today.