Blog Roundup: Wednesday Edition
Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran returned to the Mets’ lineup last night, and Jason Isringhausen turned back the clock to earn a save in the Mets’ 4-2 victory over the Cardinals. Meanwhile, the trade deadline looms.
Here’s what the bloggers have to say:
- Mack’s Mets looks at prospects the Mets might receive if they trade Carlos Beltran to Cleveland. Wahoo!
- Hot Foot mourns the imminent passing of the Reyes-Wright-Beltran era.
- Mark Simon of ESPN discovers a statistic that measures to what degree the opposing defense shakes in their cleats when Reyes is on base.
- MetsBlog explores whether Reyes would rather be an Angel or play with Angel.
- Daily Stache tries to figure out Daniel Murphy.
- Faith and Fear in Flushing savors the Mets’ win on Tuesday, and what may be the final days of Beltran’s career in Flushing.
- Tedquarters links to Jose Reyes’s music video. “Get Metsmerized” it ain’t (you might have already seen it here at MetsToday over the weekend).
And for all the latest Mets news, keep checking out Mets Today.