“The inevitable has finally become a reality.”
Pending player and league approval, Carlos Beltran has been traded to the San Francisco Giants for top pitching prospect Zack Wheeler. In the deal, the Mets will reportedly pay $4MM of Beltran’s remaining $6MM salary.
As you would imagine, the blogosphere has exploded with reaction:
- Ted Berg pays tribute to Beltran like only Ted Berg can.
- Amazin’ Avenue examines the newest member of the Mets’ organization, Zack Wheeler.
- Hitting Things with Sticks thinks Sandy Alderson is 2 for 2 in the trade department.
- Daily Stache says goodbye to Beltran with the help of Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli.
- Joe Petruccio uses watercolors to explain the trade.
- Mets Fever has video of Wheeler.
- MetsMerized has Beltran’s final statistical rankings as a Met.
- In other trade deadline news, MetsBlog reports that the Mets turned down a trade offer from the Angels: SS Erick Aybar for Jose Reyes. Some guy named “One NL Executive” thought it would have been a good deal for the Mets.
And keep checking Mets Today for the latest news on the Beltran trade and much more.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.