Blog Roundup: Monday Edition
The non-waiver trade deadline came and went on Sunday, and while the Houston Astros did their best to bolster the rosters of the Phillies and the Braves, the Mets made no further moves, avioding the fire sale that so many saw coming. Meanwhile, the Mets followed their 5 game winning streak with a 2 game losing streak, while dropping the series in Washington.
To the blogs!
- Midwestropolitan points out that Daniel Murphy knows he has a baserunning problem. And admitting you have a problem is a first step. Too bad there isn’t a Baserunner’s Anonymous.
- Metstradamus sums Murphy up this way: “Every time the ball goes near him, whether it’s pitched to him, grounded to him, or thrown near him on the basepaths, Murphy will do something that you’ll remember for the rest of the week.”
- Daily Stache wonders if the Mets will go to a six man rotation if Johan Santana comes back.
- Real Dirty Mets has a rundown of Mets minor league action over the weekend.
- Paul’s Random Baseball Stuff says the Mets are discounting tickets and doing some promotional giveaways this week to get you to come out to Citi.
- MetsBlog examines Jon Niese’s sixth inning on Sunday, which proved to be his undoing.
Happy Monday, and don’t forget to read more about your favorite team from Queens on Mets Today.