Hurricane Irene made landfall in the Tri-State area over the weekend, flooding streets, damaging homes, and of course, cancelling Mets games. Irene became the most hated name in New York since Gary Matthews, Sr. But Citi Field is none the worse for wear, and the Mets are back at it, playing a double header which will feature the return (again) of Jose Reyes.
Let’s take a swim around the Blogs:
- Mack’s Mets evaluates the rising stock of some rising Mets prospects.
- Mets360 lists the Mets records per individual player.
- NY Baseball Digest: Seaver, Koosman, Cone, and….Capuano?
- Rising Apple finds out where Justin Turner fits in, assuming we live in a perfect world where half the organization is not on the DL.
- Bleacher Report has 5 reasons to keep watching the Mets. Warning: Slideshow.
- Faith and Fear in Flushing looks at the Mets all-time won-loss record. Hint: It ain’t good.
That’s your roundup for Monday. Stay afloat, and keep checking out Mets Today.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.