The Mets got a dose of reality last night as they got swept in a double header by the Wild Card-leading Atlanta Braves. Tonight, they go back to their easy schedule, opening a series against the Chicago Cubs (While the St. Lucie Mets play the Cubs’ A-ball team in the playoffs). In addition, Sunday is the tenth anniversary of the attacks of 9/11, and it is sure to be an emotional day at Citi Field.
Now for a dose of the Blogs:
- Metsmerized pays tribute to Mike Piazza’s post-9/11 moment.
- Amazin’ Avenue looks at how history may have exaggerated baseball’s impact on post 9/11 America.
- Baseball Prospectus says the Mets were involved in a couple of CATegorically historical moments.
- Mets Minor League Blog has a video retrospective of 20 years of B-Mets baseball – with some familiar faces.
- NJ.com Fan Blog is optimistic about the 2012 Mets, even if they don’t find the Holy Grail.
- Mets360 has a report card on Sandy Alderson’s first year. He narrowly avoids getting grounded.
Have a nice weekend, and keep clicking on Mets Today.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.