Blog Roundup: Speculate!
Four days before the Winter Meetings, and the speculation is heating up like aluminum foil in a microwave. The Mets allegedly revealed their potential offer to Jose Reyes, and talk of relief (pitching, not the removal of something distressing, or a mode of sculpture in which forms and figures are distinguished from a surrounding plane surface) abounds. GM Sandy Alderson held a couple of press conferences this week to talk about such matters, the most recent, and hour-long conference call with some Mets bloggers. In other news, former Mets skipper Bobby Valentine was named the new field boss for the Boston Red Sox.
What up, Blogs?:
- MLB Trade Rumors says the Mets and Marlins are the only two players in the Reyes sweepstakes.
- Mets Police describes his Alderson conference call experience (Why, yes, he was stuck on the side of the road for the duration).
- 7 Train to Shea says the Mets showed interest in the A’s Andrew Bailey.
- Faith and Fear reflects upon the Bobby Valentine era in the wake of his hiring by the Red Sox.
- Metstradamus remembers when Valentine noticed his banner.
- Mr. Met is My Brother – I don’t know what this means, but I like it.
Happy weekend, everyone. Stay tuned to Mets Today for everything Metropolitan.