In this day and age of the new media, your favorite ballclub can’t do anything without it being scrutinized. The fans and the media jumped on Jeff Wilpon, Sandy Alderson, John Ricco, and Terry Collins for taking a helicopter to Miami to watch Jeremy Lin and the Knicks play the Heat. Perhaps it’s not unworthy of scrutiny considering how deep in the hole that Mets are. But it’s probably a story that will eventually blow away like so much prop wash.
Time for some Blogsanity:
- WFAN’s Eddie Coleman took video of the affronting aircraft.
- Mets cetera comments on what Choppergate means to the struggling team’s image.
- Metsblog, meanwhile, has a new picture of the construction of the new fence in right-center field at Citi.
- Adam Rubin reports that the judge presiding over the $386 million clawback lawsuit against Wilpon n’ Family tossed 3 witnesses: one of whom was named John Maine (Not THAT John Maine).
- MMO profiles infield prospect Danny Muno.
- Daily Stache begins an early campaign to vote Ike Davis into the All-Star Game.
Check Mets Today early and often for all-star coverage of the Mets.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.