Blog Roundup: No-Spin Zone
R.A. Dickey pitched another routine gem last night, allowing a controversial infield hit to B.J. Upton in the first, then allowed an unearned run in the ninth after a David Wright error and two passed balls. As the Rays radio announcer put it, the only chance Tampa Bay had was if Dickey accidentally locked himself in the bathroom. The Rays had no chance against R.A.’s knucklers. Dickey and Chris Young (with a big assist from the bullpen) have taken the first two games in St. Pete, as they try to bounce back from a stretch in which they lost 6 of 7.
- MMO, speaking of announcers, likes the fact that two lifelong Mets fans are in the booth for New York.
- Mets Cetera compares the recent dominance of Dickey and Johan Santana.
- Big Lead Sports thinks appealing last night’s infield hit is bush league.
- Metstradamus recounts his experience at Tropicana Field last night.
- Kerel Cooper talks about Daniel Murphy.
- Daily Stache feels Kirk Nieuwenhuis has proven himself worthy to stay in the majors.
And for more worthy coverage of the Mets, keep checking out Mets Today.