Having won their past two series, (break up the Mets!) New York heads down to Amazing Technicolor Marlins Park for a series with the Marlins. Miami followed up their offseason spending spree with a comical, and somewhat predictable, fire sale at the trade deadline. The Marlins are one organization that even Mets fans can point at and laugh.
With most of the drama gone for the Mets, however, we can sit on the edge of our seats to see if R.A. Dickey can become the Mets’ first 20-game winner since Frank Viola. We all know by now that wins and losses don’t mean all that much when evaluating a starting pitcher, but it would be a nice achievement because 1) It would be a nice reward for R.A. Dickey for a job well done this year, and 2) It simply isn’t done a whole lot anymore.
With that said, onto the Blogs:
- On the Black examines R.A.’s chances of getting to 20 wins. Also, check out his 50th anniversary bobblehead collection.
- Mets360 breaks down Dickey’s year, and breaks down all of the Mets SPs by xFIP.
- MMO has the latest minor league news, including the still red-hot Wilmer Flores.
- Metstradamus knows who he’s voting for this November.
- Amazin’ Avenue finds out what part of the field Kelly Shoppach likes to hit the ball the most. (Hint: It rhymes with “heft.”)
- MetsCetera has details on “A Night With Ike Davis,” which benefits children’s cancer research.
Enjoy the linkage, and keep following R.A. Dickey and the Mets on Mets Today.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.