World Series Games 1 and 2 Discussion
Per the suggestion of Argonbunnies, let’s have some discussion about the first two games.
I’ll open with a few conversation starters …
– We’ve discussed here time and again that defense and fundamentals — i.e., “the little things” — are just as important as hitting for a championship club. That said, when Yoenis Cespedes blows the first ball hit to him, and doesn’t make up for it with his bat, well …
– Speaking of that first pitch of the initial inning, what was most surprising and/or detrimental: a) the fact Matt Harvey threw a fastball over the heart of the plate to a batter who swings at the first pitch of every at-bat; b) the fact that a fairly routine fly ball was misplayed into an inside-the-park homerun; c) the fact that the play was scored as a homer instead of a four-base error?
– Kelly Johnson is the best DH option?
– Why wasn’t Jonathon Niese brought out for a third inning of relief?
– If Jacob deGrom nor Harvey can stop the KC offense, who can?
Overall / In General:
– Why hasn’t Steven Matz been given the ball yet? What are the Mets waiting for?
– What’s up with Daniel Murphy‘s visible complaints about the strike zone? Does he have a legitimate beef, or is he not seeing the ball as well as he did previously in the postseason and is that why he’s suddenly cold?
– Can the Mets win if Cespedes doesn’t hit?
Again, these are merely conversation starters. Feel free to respond or start your own topic.