As the Mets get ready to take on the Braves, here are your Monday morning Mets links:
- PhilliesNation tells us that Ryan Madson has some interesting things to say about the Mets. Unfortunately, he’s probably right.
- Jason Vargas resurfaced last night, getting the win in Seattle’s 15-inning victory (TheRopolitans)
- MetsFever has a nice summation of the team’s newest acquisition – Oliver Perez’s mysterious knee injury. Good find, Omar!
- TheMetsPolice aren’t impressed with the Mets/Braves rivalry… at least not as impressed as Forbes magazine is.
- CenterfieldMaz has a nice lil’ writeup on Today in Mets History, which was written yesterday… Making it Yesterday in Mets History, but whatever. Click here to read about Ron Swoboda leading the Mets to a doubleheader sweep of the Cubs.
- Ron Kaplan discusses the new books by Darryl Strawberry and Ron Darling – he also points out that you can read the first chapter of each. Click here for Strawberry’s book and click here for Darling’s book.
- SportsFanVent has John Franco in the crosshairs in a very entertaining rant. Bonus - be sure to click on the link about Jeter and ARod refusing to get dirty in a brawl back in 1999.
- Mets Prospect Hub has a rundown on the Mets minor league teams
And there you go. Have a great morning and don’t drink too much coffee. And if you do, be sure to visit the comments section and type really fast.
About the Author
John Fitzgerald is an independent film/TV producer. In 2007, he followed former Mets 2B Wally Backman and his minor league team for the TV show, "Playing for Peanuts." Click here for DVD ordering information NOTE: $5 from each sale goes to maintenance costs of MetsToday.com