Mets Hot Stove Huddle
In case you missed it — and you know who you are if you did — the Mets Hot Stove Huddle organized by BlueAndOrange.net was a great success.
Those who participated in town hall style Q&A panels included yours truly; Ken Davidoff of Newsday; Ted Berg of SNY; Bryan Horowitz of MLB.com; James Kannengieser, Sam Page, and Mark Himmelstein of Amazin Avenue; Kerel Cooper of OnTheBlack.com; “FireJerryManuel” of Mets tweetdom and the associated website; and Chris Wilcox and Will Davidian of BlueAndOrange.net.
Some of the highlights of the evening:
- an impressive array of both tasteful and tasteless Bengie Molina jokes by James K
- Ted Berg’s claim that he
can used to squat 615 lbs. (that’s like, two Bengie Molinas)
- me beating Ted Berg in an arm wrestling match
- disclosure of the gym where Omar Minaya works out
- Ken Davidoff receiving a text mid-event confirming the agreement between the Mets and Ryota Iragashi
- kind words for Wallace Matthews
- the presence of both an Ollie Perez and a Mo Vaughn jersey
- the toilet-papering of Jeff Wilpon’s house
(OK the last one didn’t really happen … the rest are all true!)
Also had the pleasure of meeting other bloggers and Mets fans and sharing thoughts (complaints) about our favorite team. One fan offered an intriguing suggestion of going after Miguel Cabrera, which I’ll write about soon. Another attendee turned out to be a “twitter buddy” who also writes for a blog called Fonzie Forever. In this digital age, it’s great to find out there are human beings behind all the faceless tweeting, blogging, and commenting.
All in all a fun evening. Hope you can make it the next time.