While waiting around for another game to start, consider the following …
- It’s clear that Paul LoDuca needs at least a two-game rest — that said, it may be a blessing in disguise if his suspension appeal is denied.
- With all that rosin on his head, was El Duque trying to put one over on the Phillies or trying to get a Head and Shoulders sponsorship?
- Carlos Delgado’s biorhythms must be good. Or he’s simply a good hitter against pitchers with ERA’s near 100
- Speaking of, JD Durbin’s ERA went down almost 75.00 as a result of his 4 2/3-inning, 6-runs allowed performance
- JD Durbin will never be confused with JD Drew, nor Chad Durbin
Some fun links to browse while waiting for the 7:35 start …
For some humor, see JD Durbin’s Official Blog (unfortunately, it’s similar to his secondary pitches — not updated in two years).
For more involved, but more intelligent rhetoric, read Faith and Fear in Flushing’s reminiscence of 1979 — for many of us, one of the more depressing seasons in Mets history. (Simply seeing names like Roy Lee Jackson and Juan Berenguer make my skin crawl.)
For those that prefer less-winded commentary, Zisk Online has a haiku for Glavine’s 297th
For those who don’t want to read at all, but prefer to look at the pictures, Metsgrrl has a shot of Joe Smith’s butt
About the Author
Joe Janish began MetsToday in 2005 to provide the unique perspective of a high-level player and coach -- he earned NCAA D-1 All-American honors as a catcher and coached several players who went on to play pro ball. As a result his posts often include mechanical evaluations, scout-like analysis, and opinions that go beyond the numbers.