10 Most Annoying Things on the FOX Broadcast
1. The insufferable pregame, particularly the contrived and demonstrative delivery of Jeannie Zelasko, the clueless commentary Kevin Kennedy, and the overabundant hype of Barry Bonds. Newsflash to FOX: no one outside of San Francisco cares one aota about Barroid.
1a. Elayne Boosler’s weak attempt at an entertaining lineup introduction.
2. The dumb-ass Pac-Man-dying sound every time someone struck out.
3. Tim McCarver (shut up!)
4. McCarver’s sidekick Matt Vasgersian incredibly boring play-by-play, plus his getting all the Mets’ players’ names wrong. The only thing going for Vasgersian was the fact he wasn’t Joe Buck.
5. Stopping coverage of the Mets-Dodgers game and cutting to every at-bat by Barroid Bonds.
6. Tim McCarver (shut up!)
7. TV cameras isolating on has-been Hollywood actors in the stands every two minutes (this isn’t a Knicks game, for crissakes!).
8. “Aloha Adam”
9. The often unsteady, abrupt, and sloppy work by the FOX cameramen. Were these the same guys who shot the The Blair Witch Project? I was seasick by the sixth inning.
10. Tim McCarver (please, please shut UP already!)