Here is the lineup the Mets will send to the plate against Diamondbacks pitcher Daniel Hudson:
Queens native Mike Baxter makes another start in the outfield for the Mets.
Some other notes:
- The last time the Mets played the Diamondbacks was in April, in Flushing, and the Mets swept the Snakes in three straight.
- The Mets have lost three straight and are 3-9 over their last dozen games.
- The Mets are 33-28 on the road this year. They won only 32 games on the road during all of 2010.
- The Mets have won their last four straight road series. The last time they won five straight was 1999.
- David Wright is hitting .341 (28-82) with 5 doubles, 3 HR, and 18 RBI in the 20 games since returning from the DL.
- Jason Bay has reached base safely in his last 14 games and is batting .415 (22-53) with 11 runs scored, five doubles, three home
runs and 10 RBI since July 28. Too little, too late?
- Mike Pelfrey has a 3.62 ERA in his last 12 starts.
- Jason Isringhausen‘s next save will be #300. Two other relievers earned save #300 while wearing a Mets cap. Can you name them? Visit the MetsToday Facebook page to answer. Be sure to “like” the page while you’re there.
About the Author
Joe Janish began MetsToday in 2005 to provide the unique perspective of a high-level player and coach -- he earned NCAA D-1 All-American honors as a catcher and coached several players who went on to play pro ball. As a result his posts often include mechanical evaluations, scout-like analysis, and opinions that go beyond the numbers. Follow Joe's baseball tips on Twitter at @onbaseball and at the On Baseball Google Plus page.