Blog Roundup: Riding Out the World Series
Seeing the Cardinals back in the World Series has reopened old wounds for some Mets fans. The optimism of 2006 came crashing down in Game 7 of the NLCS. The subsequent collapses of 2007 and 2008 washed away what remained of the hope created that season. Meanwhile, the anticipation of the offseason is building.
- Faith and Fear in Flushing remembers the pain, and says it’s time to let it go.
- Patrick Flood looks at how Jason Bay would have fared at Shea Stadium last year. Bonus analysis: Yankees home runs if they played at Petco Park.
- Daily Stache wonders if Mike Piazza should go into the Hall of Fame as a Met or a Dodger.
- Metsmerized asks if you’re really ready to see Jose Reyes in another team’s uniform – like maybe a Phillies uniform?
- Mets Fever says the walls could come crashing down after the World Series.
- Ropolitans has a still from the latest Stand up to Cancer ad, showing Ron Darling standing up for “My catcher.”
Have a good weekend, and keep checking out Mets Today.