Blog Roundup: Uniform-mania!
While the Jose Reyes talk settles into an eerie lull – like the fifth inning of a close ballgame – the talk around Metsland is the introduction of new uniforms for 2012. They have a retro look, and feature a 50th anniversary sleeve patch. We Mets fans are very particular about our uniforms.
Will there be uniformity among the Blogs?:
- Mets Police led the charge for a more traditional look (as well as Banner Day, which will make its return in 2012), and is happy to have his Mets back.
- Faith and Fear says the changes are almost perfect (the last paragraph is a thing of beauty).
- Kranepool Society talks about his experience at the press conference to announce the 50th anniversary celebration (and new uniforms).
- Real Dirty has a slew of pictures and videos from the press conference, including this “blogger all-star” interview with David Wright.
- Mr. Met is my Brother looks at the 50th anniversary from the perspective of a teenager.
- Mets Fever has the teamwork to make the dream work, and a link to a making-of documentary of the “Lets Go Mets” 1986 music video.
Have a great weekend, and keep checking out Mets Today for all the latest.