The Mets held their annual Christmas get-together at Citi Field, Bud Selig gave the Mets an early gift, and Ronny Paulino got coal in his stocking. Daniel Murphy managed to avoid injury while playing Santa, and Fred and Jeff Wilpon were great as the Grinch and his dog – and they didn’t even wear costumes!
And the Blogs are spreading some cheer:
- Mets Police has some pics from the holiday party, and was live-tweeting the event on-location from Citi.
- Always Amazin’proposes Hong-Chi Kuo as the man to add some left-handed depth to the Mets’ bullpen.
- Mets Cetera has the transcript from a revealing interview with Sandy Alderson.
- Patrick Flood goes through the Mets tender/non-tender moves, and suggests further moves for 2012.
- Amazin’ Avenue thinks Commissioner Bud Selig has been too soft on the Wilpons.
- 7 Train to Shea was at the winter meetings, and saw Jose Reyes in a Marlins uniform firsthand. 7 Train to Shea’s therapist rejoices.
The holiday season has just begun, and Mets Today is the gift that keeps on giving.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.