Yesterday, the Mets placed OF Fernando Martinez and LHP Daniel Herrera on waivers to make room for the impending signings of OF Scott Hairston and IF Ronny Cedeno. Thus ends the once-promising Mets career of Martinez, who suffered from a passel of maladies, including arthritis, all before his 24th birthday. Meanwhile, a purported anonymous Met lashed out at the Wilpons in a New York Magazine piece.
The Blogs have cleared waivers, and have been assigned to a link dump:
- Mack has a detailed timeline that chronicles F-Mart’s Mets career.
- Tedquarters wonders if someone else should have been waived instead.
- R.A. Dickey blogs from the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- 7 Train to Shea believes Mark Teahen could be a contributor off the Mets’ bench.
- Metstradamus hopes CRG is a light at the end of the tunnel, and not an oncoming train.
- Joe Petruccio depicts NY Giants coach Tom Coughlin channeling Tug McGraw.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.