Blog Roundup: The .500 Edition
There have been times over the past couple of years where a Mets record of .500 was a good thing. But after a 7-3 start in their first 10 games, the Mets have gone 1-5 against the Braves and the Giants to drop their record to 8-8. The hope, if you’re looking for some, is that they have a tough schedule in April. A .500 record at the end of this month would not be the worst thing in the world. By the way, has anyone seen Ike Davis‘s swing?
The even-handed Blogs:
- Metsblog has quotes from manager Terry Collins, who keeps his chin up regarding Ike and Lucas Duda.
- MMO reports the Mets have recalled the electric and eclectic Jordany Valdespin from Buffalo in place of Jeremy Hefner, who did a fine job in game one of Monday’s double header.
- Adam Rubin has more injury fun for your favorite New York baseball team!
- Mack wants to know if New York reporters will call for the lopping of Dillon Gee‘s…facial hair?
- Sweet Spot goes all Hitchhiker’s Guide on us (I hope you remembered to bring your towel).
- Palm Beach has Jose. Jose, Jose, Jose. Reyes. You know.
Stay tuned to Mets Today, where we’re planning a video tribute to Brad Emaus.