The Mets have won two stunners in a row against the rival (still, I guess) Phillies. First, a Jordany Valdespin homer off of Jonathan Papelbon helped them overcome a good start by Roy Halladay. Then, a series of 2-out singles and some Phillies Phielding Phollies helped the Mets beat the red hot Joe Blanton 7-4. What will they do for an encore in the final game of the series? Maybe a two-out rally in the 9th? Or maybe get a lead and hold it throughout the game – that would be novel.
Here’s some late-inning magic from the Blogs:
- Metstradamus says the Phillies’ ugliness outweighed the Mets’ ugliness.
- NJ.com says Howard Johnson tweeted some heavy advice for Ike Davis.
- Andrew Fiorentino reports that Wilmer Flores may finally be breaking out in the minors.
- MMO wonders if Jenrry Mejia is nearing a spot in the Mets rotation, as he begins his
rehab assignmentseason in St. Lucie.
- Real Dirty Mets infamously tells us what the Mets and Aretha Franklin may have in common.
- Daily Stache looks at the ball that bounced off of Mookie’s bat, between Buckner’s legs, and into an auction in Dallas.
Follow the bouncing ball to Mets Today for more news, analysis, opinion, and yes…links.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.