Blog Roundup: All-Star Break
The first half of the 2012 season is in the can, and the Mets are a respectable 46-40, sitting in third place in the NL East, 5 games behind the Washington Nationals. They’ve certainly exceeded expectations. This year’s edition of the Mets is loaded with overachievers, like Ruben Tejada, Scott Hairston, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, and R.A. Dickey, as well as established veterans having bounceback seasons, like David Wright and Johan Santana. They’ve had this success despite the early struggles of their bullpen, and the fact that they tend to play down to their competition (They’ve lost 7 games combined to the Astros and Cubs, each of whom have sub-.400 winning percentages). And, unlike last year, the Mets are trade-market buyers at the midway point of the season. So, fasten your seatbelts for half number two of the 2012 season.
The Blogs are strapped in:
- Kerel Cooper looks a the top 5 surprises of the first half.
- Metsblog reports that Jon Rauch was involved in a minor car accident. No word if Duaner Sanchez was involved.
- Rising Apple plays the role of contrarian and suggests the Mets DON’T trade Justin Turner.
- Amazin’ Avenue has a recap of Sandy Alderson’s interview on SNY.
- MLB Trade Rumors heard the Mets have an interest in Rockies’ catcher Ramon Hernandez.
- New York Magazine takes a look at Williamsburg Night at Thursday’s Cyclones game.
Enjoy the All-Star game, and keep checking out Mets Today for all the latest Mets stuff in the second half.