Blog Roundup: Queen City Edition
Tonight, the Mets open a series in Cincinnati against the Red Legs and their mustachioed Mr. Met clone mascot. The Reds quietly own the second-best record in baseball (behind only the Washington Nationals), and lead the NL Central by 5 games over the Pittsburgh Pirates. So, the struggling Mets have their work cut out for them. Maybe it’s time to break out the Underdog t-shirts and hope for the best.
On to the Blogs:
- Kranepool wonders why the Wilpons won’t just level with us fans about their current situation.
- Trash Talk Sports puts into words the frustration we Mets fans always feel around this time of year (NSFW Language).
- Bleacher Report slide-shows some of the best things about being a Mets fan.
- Metstradamus credits the late Gary Carter, who never cussed, for coming up with the ultimate F-Bomb.
- Rant Sports believes the Mets will put Scott Hairston on waivers, and trade him sooner than later.
- Daily Stache, meanwhile, wonders why the Mets haven’t traded Hairston yet.
Mets Today is staying put, so stay tuned for the continuing adventures of our beloved Mets.