Tonight, the Mets open a series in Cincinnati against the Red Legs and their mustachioed Mr. Met clone mascot. The Reds quietly own the second-best record in baseball (behind only the Washington Nationals), and lead the NL Central by 5 games over the Pittsburgh Pirates. So, the struggling Mets have their work cut out for them. Maybe it’s time to break out the Underdog t-shirts and hope for the best.
On to the Blogs:
- Kranepool wonders why the Wilpons won’t just level with us fans about their current situation.
- Trash Talk Sports puts into words the frustration we Mets fans always feel around this time of year (NSFW Language).
- Bleacher Report slide-shows some of the best things about being a Mets fan.
- Metstradamus credits the late Gary Carter, who never cussed, for coming up with the ultimate F-Bomb.
- Rant Sports believes the Mets will put Scott Hairston on waivers, and trade him sooner than later.
- Daily Stache, meanwhile, wonders why the Mets haven’t traded Hairston yet.
Mets Today is staying put, so stay tuned for the continuing adventures of our beloved Mets.
About the Author
Paul is a freelance writer, blogger, and broadcast technology professional residing in Denver. A New Jersey native, he is a long-suffering Mets fan, a recently-happy Giants fan, and bewildered Islanders fan. He's also a fair-weather Avalanche and Rockies supporter. In his spare time, he enjoys the three Gs: Golf, Guitars, and Games.