Notice none have to do with Willie the Scapegoat.
1. Moises Alou: 15 games played.
2. Carlos Delgado: still in uniform.
3. Oliver Perez: 2006 Edition
4. Duaner Sanchez: not the guy we knew from April-July 2006
5. Aaron Heilman: see #2, adjust timeframe to July 2006 – September 2007.
6. Ambiorix Burgos out for the year. A middle reliever with a 100-MPH fastball would have been helpful.
7. Carlos Beltran is not A-Rod (though the paychecks are similar).
8. Carlos Delgado is no longer Carlos Delgado. Oh wait, we already mentioned Delgado.
9. The defense of Brian Schneider and Ryan Church isn’t preventing enough runs.
10. David Wright can’t hit .600.
About the Author
Joe Janish began MetsToday in 2005 to provide the unique perspective of a high-level player and coach -- he earned NCAA D-1 All-American honors as a catcher and coached several players who went on to play pro ball. As a result his posts often include mechanical evaluations, scout-like analysis, and opinions that go beyond the numbers. Follow Joe's baseball tips on Twitter at @onbaseball and at the On Baseball Google Plus page.