Blog Roundup: Mets Prospectus
The time of year you’ve been waiting for has arrived. No, not the beginning of Spring Training, the time of year where everyone and Mr. Met’s brother comes out with their list of top prospects. For the Mets, most pundits and bloggers put the latter-day Generation K at the top of their lists (Matt Harvey, Zack Wheeler, and Jeurys Familia), and include 2011 first-round draft pick Brandon Nimmo in their top 5. The latter could be as good as the scouts, and the Mets brain trust, think he will be, or he could turn into another Fernando Martinez. It seems too early to tell for a kid like Brandon, who’s barely old enough to shave, and has only a few games of professional experience. But maybe the experts know something we don’t.
Today’s prospect – Blogs:
- Seedlings to Stars has a rather optimistic evaluation of the Mets farm system (I wish I had grades like that when I was in school).
- Bleacher Report lines up the usual suspects (Warning – slideshow).
- Amazin’ Avenue rounds out their top 50 with a rather surprising choice at number 4.
- Minor League Ball rates the Mets’ top 20 prospects.
- Metsblog has their “hype” list (bonus points for using parentheticals).
- Sandy Alderson jokes about the Mets financial prospects (See what I did there?).
Thanks for reading, and remember, Mets Today is a can’t-miss talent.